Wednesday 22 March 2017

Spring Panda

Today's image is one I've actually had for a while but, like much of my rubber, he's been neglected while I play with new stash!  But today he's having an outing in a Springtime themed Mother's Day card.  I've stamped him in pale grey ink and watercoloured him.




Here's a bit more of a close up of my little panda...



... and although I've shown you this before, I've also included a mini-tutorial on how I've coloured some of the orange flowers using some a drops of DI reinker in a few drops of water.  I dip the flower tip into the diluted ink, just for a few seconds, and let them dry (or if you're impatient like me, dry them with a hairdryer!)








Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:

From The Ribbon Girl:
Other:
  • Watercoloured with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers
  • The Langton Watercolour paper
  • Typed Sentiment (Wendy Medium font)
  • Vellum
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



9 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card - such a sweet image and beautiful colours too.
Kath x

Mojca said...

Waw this is just beautiful! What a clever idea for coloring flowers. hugs! Mojca

Christine L said...

Another beautiful card - and that's a fab way of colouring a flower!

Christine x

Sarah said...

Love the cute stamp Annette and the colours are perfect for Mother's Day, your painting, however is definitely the star here!! xx

Carol S. said...

He looks so fluffy and cuddly. The flowers are beautiful and a lovely spring card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Littlelamb said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it. Brilliant idea for colouring the flowers.

Anne said...

Love this cheerful card, that panda is a gorgeous pop of colour. Useful tip for the flower too!

Anne x

Squirrel x said...

I have this little chap too. I LOVE how you have totally transformed him just by changing the flower colours to this bright and happy burst of Spring joy - so beautiful. Hugs xx

Larissa said...

Wow Annette this is really stunning! I really LOVE how you coloured the panda, it looks so realistic.

-xxx-