Wednesday 1 April 2015

Spot the non-deliberate mistake

This card was really outside my comfort zone.  I'm not sure why it happened, but not only did I chose a colour scheme of yellow and orange (I think I was feeling Spring in the air!) but I also opted for black hair, which I find really tough to do without creating the effect of a grey rinse!

However, despite the silver hair, I'm actually quite pleased with the end result!

I'm a little bit in love with this image; after waiting months to pluck up the courage to attempt her (I found those flowers a bit daunting for some reason), it's now the fourth time I've coloured her up. But this is the first one that's made it onto a card so far.

My girlie is watercoloured in DI reinkers and I smothered the flowers in Wink of Stella for some sparkle, with a touch of glossy accents on her lips and black glaze pen on her eyes.

I added some gold pearls, gold organza ribbon, and a little array of golden roses.  I created the personalised circle sentiment and cut it out with a stitched circle die before layering it onto orange card.  The image was layered onto the same orange card-stock which I trimmed with a knife to create a matt around my die cut image panel.  Steady hand required!

I hope you like her.  :0)





OK, if you noticed the mistake then well done.

Unfortunately I didn't realise the spelling mistake on the custom sentiment until after I'd edited the photos and drafted this post.

The amended version is below....



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



23 comments:

Glennis F said...

Lovely card, and yes I did spot the mistake!

thecraftycavalier said...

Glorious card! Absolutely stunning. Beautiful colouring, gorgeous colours, stunning papers. I love it. Wot spelin mistak? Dint seee nuffin. Big hugs, jayne xxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Annette this is a beautiful card, your colouring is gorgeous too..

Kelly xx

Jennifer said...

No, Annette, I have to admit I did not see the mistake...why??????? because I was so distracted not just by the overall gorgeousness of the whole card, but the superb colouring of those flowers and her hair...definitely not a grey rinse effect!

Hugs
Jennifer. x

Squirrel x said...

Told you that no one would notice! She really is a stunner sweetie, I think you need to venture into this colour scheme more often, she radiates happiness. Brilliant, of course. Hugs xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous the colouring is just amazing I so love htis stamp delightful Love and hugs Carole x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You have done a fabulous job colouring this image Annette and the card is gorgeous.
Lorraine

Katrina Bufton said...

Fab card Annette, I love the colour scheme.
Katrina x

Lin said...

Gorgeous! Don't put yourself down, your colouring is top notch, and I am really glad you shared your card with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Sue said...

Annette, this card is absolutely beautiful, I did not notice the mistake because I was entranced by the stunning colouring and layout...I love absolutely everything about this truly lovely card...xxx
Sue...xxx
tanglemousecards.blogspot.co.uk

KT Fit Kitty said...

I didn't notice either! Your card is gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and that's all I have to say about that!! xx

Christine L said...

LOL we would never have noticed!! In fact after you said, I looked really closely (only afterwards did I realise I was looking at the amended one) and couldn't see a thing wrong! I thought you were imagining things! But anyway..... it's a gorgeous card!

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colouring Annette and I love the image and the fabulous sparkle on the flowers..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Toni said...

Absolutely fab!

Ribbon Girl said...

it's really nice and I like the colours Netty, but I can't find the Magnolia Image so won't be able to include it in the prize draw! but thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl 'Magnolia Only' Challenge, best of luck, Mary x

Kat W said...

So it's not just me that can't resist pointing out their mistakes then! And I've done exactly the same mis-spelling before on a card - lol!
It's an absolute stunner though, the zesty colours are fab and cheerful, perfect for the gorgeous image..and I love the sparkle on the flowers :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Brenda said...

I couldn't see the mistake for the beauty of the card. I love Stamping Bella and you have colored her to perfection! The sparkle on the flowers is brilliant (and you got it to show up in the pic). Brenda

crafty said...

Gorgeous card and the colours work really together. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary DT

Sally Dodger said...

A stunning card. Your image is beautiful and your colouring is brilliant. The gloss on her lips and eyes is a lovely touch and the yellow and orange flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOL, I would have been so annoyed. Good thing it's your own! An easier fix. I've seen rubber stamps with mistakes! Love your gorgeous card. Beautiful colour palette and gorgeous image. Hugs, Wends x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely image!! Wonderful coloring!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Clair Matthews said...

Your colouring is superb! xxx