Sunday 12 April 2015

Saucer of Milk

You may be excused for thinking that today's card might feature an odd image to use for celebrating a 'New Home', but there is a very good reason!

Rather than for a human, this card was made specifically to send to a beautiful silver grey tabby kitty who has found a lovely new home after being adopted from the Blue Cross.  The image on the front is 'Saucer of Milk' and I've coloured the little kitty in silver grey to resemble the furry recipient!

I dug out my paws border die and was inspired by a layout that I'd seen on one of the lovely Christine's cards.  I was lucky enough to meet her when I went to Harrogate at Easter, and although she has sworn me to secrecy following my privileged tour of her craft-room, I can assure you that her cards are even more gorgeous in the flesh than they are in photographs. (and I'm definitely not allowed to tell you how awesome her craft room is!)  ;0)

Anyway, here's my card...

ps Squirrel, I know I should have coloured the girlie's hair in black, but you and I both know that I can't colour black hair, so I'll be sending you some brunette hair dye in my next parcel.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



16 comments:

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

So sweet. You did a fabulous job coloring her dress and avoiding the white circles. Awesome!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome card! Love it!

Squirrel x said...

Awesome pawsome and totally perfect hunny, you made Rosie one very happy kitty (and her mum). Brilliant! Hugs and mirrrps xx

Sarah said...

How gorgeous is that?!! Such a lovely card for Rosie and Family!! xx

brenda said...

A perfect creation for our Pink theme Annette and love that paws border die, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sue said...

Netty, this is gorgeous. I love that paws border! your colouring is absolutely beautiful and I really admire your cutting out...xxx
Sue...xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Just perfect its fab Love and hugs Caroe x

Kat W said...

What a really sweet idea and indeed a really sweet card - love your fab colouring :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Sandra said...

Such a sweet card! Love the image! Beautifully colored! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Kat W said...

Oh, and I just spotted that you shared this beautiful card with us at In The Pink - thank you, it's perfect for our celebration theme :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

coops said...

so stunning annette.gorgeous pink colours and i love your design and sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Lynne K said...

What a lovely idea, Annette, and your card is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Christine L said...

Hi Annette... sorry I'm just catching up so am late with this comment.... I feel very honoured for you to have liked that design so much you wanted to try it out... but that's what crafting is all about isn't it? Seeing our friends creations and thinking 'oooh that's a good idea!' Your card using the design is fabulous - what a lucky little kitty to be receiving it!

So glad you've kept the secret... it was really lovely to meet you and for you to call... and I WAS brave to show you! hehe!

Big hugs
Christine x

Sarn said...

Your card is most definitely AWESOME. Love the layout and your colouring is BRILLIANT. xxx

Debra K. said...

What a wonderful idea for a new home card for a cat finding a new home! As a human owned by three cats I just love this card. The hair dye offer is hilarious :D. Debra x