Thursday 16 April 2015

Hoops

I've made something a bit different for me today; I've decorated two little embroidery hoops.  They can be hung up via some matching ribbon loped through the tightening screw at the top.

I've used a linen fabric in the hoop, and stitched my image paper to it.

The images are water-coloured in DI reinkers.

Although I didn't really want to part with them once I'd made them, I actually made them for my MIL (she loves turquoise), so I have reluctantly given them to her.  :0(









Card Recipe:
  • Image - PomPom and Daisy Chain from Lili of the Valley (retired)
  • Colouring - Distress Ink Reinkers
  • The Langton watercolour paper
  • Stazon Ink Pad
  • Ribbon
  • Embroidery hoops
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



14 comments:

Squirrel x said...

These are so gorgeous hun, and such a pretty colour - very clever idea to use the hoops like that. I can see why you found it hard to part with them so I hope MIL was pleased to receive, I know I certainly would have been. Brilliant. Hugs xx

Susie said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! No wonder they were hard to give away!! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So gorgeous Annette and certainly a novel use of those embroidery hoops. Fabulous colouring too.
Lorraine

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning can see why you wanted to keep them they are so fabulous. A great idea as they look so pretty helped by the fact you have used two of my favorite LOTV stamps. Every time I see Pom pom I cannot believe they retired her Love and hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

What a lucky lady MIL is. These are so pretty Annette and a gorgeous colour too xx

Christine L said...

Ooh these are absolutely gorgeous Annette... your MIL is going to be thrilled!

Hugs
Christine x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love these wonderful makes. Xx

Sue said...

Annette, these are beautiful, so creative and gorgeous colouring...your MIL must be over the moon with them...
Sue...xxx

Carol S. said...

These sweet hoops are gorgeous. Love the LOTV images and beautifully coloured as always. Hugs, Carol S.xx

suzanne2 said...

Aw these are gorgeous Net, what a great way to use the hoops. I need to make a new baby card for a friend but one of these would be a nice keepsake so I think I'll give it a try. Thank you for the inspiration. I love getting email updates from your blog!
Suzanne xx

Deborah said...

These are stunning and a great idea to use hoops.
Deborah A

Elise said...

oh these are just so BEAUTIFUL Annette! I know your MIL must be head over heels about them!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Kat W said...

Wow, so beautiful, no wonder you didn't want to part with them! Such a clever idea for a different way to use stamped images too :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure cuteness! Those images are darling! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!