Wednesday 15 April 2015

A Lick of Paint

I made a card like this last summer for a male colleague and really liked the layout for this image.  It's also great for a masculine card (which I readily admit I am hopeless at).

While today's card is not personalised, I've used the same dripping style text, which I painted using the same DI ink colour (Fired Brick) that I'd used for the paint on the image.

It sounds odd to say that I needed a very steady hand to paint the dribbles!

I hope you like it.  :0)



While I'm here, have you seen that there is a special offer at LOTV at the moment.  If you spend over £25 on products (excl postage) between 15th and 19th April you can get a free paper pad! Hop over to the shop to find out more and get your papers before the deal ends on Sunday.

Card Recipe:
  • Image - A Lick of Paint from Lili of the Valley
  • Typed Sentiment traced then painted with DI ink (font = Take Warning)
  • Colouring - Distress Ink Reinkers
  • The Langton watercolour paper
  • Stazon Ink Pad
  • Wink of Stella
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Annette I love this card as the image is wonderful and cute I know someone that this would be perfect for.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely brilliant hun. Love that little chap. Your colourwork and lettering are superb on this fabulous CAS design. Love it. Hugs xx

Susie said...

What a fab card - I love the dribbly painted sentiment! x

Kat W said...

I really love your dribbles...oh, that sounds all wrong! It's a really fab effect though and makes for a perfect male design with that lovely image :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Christine L said...

Brilliant dribbles again Annette... and I remember you telling me how difficult they were to do!! Loving the fab style of this card of course!

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

Annette, this is gorgeous. The sentiment looks absolutely fabulous, worth all the hard work for sure. Such a beautiful CAS card ...
Sue...xxx