Monday 23 February 2015

Pixie Dust Cloud

Today's card is a lesson in reminding me to choose my papers before I start colouring my image. Instead I sailed straight into the colouring and only when I'd finished did I wonder what papers I might be able to use!

After going through all my paper pads, I eventually settled on one which seemed to match the colours and, although it is quite a 'busy' paper, it didn't seem to be too attention grabbing which might detract from the image.

The fairy dust clouds are actually much more glittery than they look in the photo as I smothered them in Wink of Stella and they really do sparkle.

I trimmed the base of the rather large image panel with my new stitched hillside border die and added two shades of sheer organza ribbon, tied in a bow and topped off with a small button, and a trio of pearls.

I hope you like it:



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
  • Papertake Weekly - Bingo (Ribbon, Die, Button / Die, Free, Glitter)
  • Copic Europe - Wings
  • Simon's Monday Challenge - No Rules
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



12 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely magical! I love how the light of the fairy dust is catching the back of her trousers - hugely impressed! Gorgeous image, gorgeous artwork and the papers are perfect hun. The button is brilliant ;) Huggles xx

Unknown said...

Morning Annette what a beautiful card I love the image you have used and the colours and the design are wonderful. xx

Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

Christine L said...

Squirrel pinched my word!! I was also going to say magical.. and I know how difficult it is to get the camera to pick up on sparkle! Your card is fabulous - I love the fabbie design and I would have thought you'd chosen the paper first if you hadn't have said!

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy said...

Now everyone is pinching my words too Annette..but I do love the reflect of light and your gorgeous image and fabulous colouring..the papers are perfect and I always look for papers after!!..lesson never learned.

luv CHRISSYxx

Mojca said...

Ohhhhh its soooo gorgeous Annette! I just order the glittery pen you used, have to give it a try. And the colours are just gorgeous! WAW! Hugs! Mojca

Sarah said...

What a fabulous image Annette and beautifully coloured too. I wonder why the dust cloud in my house isn't golden and twinkly when I'm zooming around with the dyson a la Freddie Mercury!! xx

Dortesjs said...

wonderful card sweet image to

Anja said...

Wow!! Your coloring is fantastic. It seems, I have to practice a lot more. =)

Carol S. said...

Stunning!!! Your colouring is unbelievable. It must take you hours! Beautiful image and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Oh, I like this stamp. :) You've done great job coloring it. Have an awesome day, Netty!

thecraftycavalier said...

Why do I not have this image? Hmmm, it's going on my 'gotta have' list. You are a BAD influence ;-) Super stunning colouring. Delicious card. Love it! Hugs, Jayne x

The Stamp Basket said...

...a great rationale for having lots of spare paper pads!!! Love your choice of colours by the way and great art work!