Sunday 8 February 2015

Pink Wedding Card and Hanger

I'm a bit premature with today's project because it's intended for a couple who are not getting married for several months, but I got excited when I received all the goodies for it, and decided to plough ahead a bit early!

It is also a project for The Ribbon Girl Challenge where I'm a guest designer for the Lovely Lili theme this week which is to include a charm (and of course a Lili of the Valley image).

I've used 'Wedding Couple' from LOTV and water-coloured the couple using DI reinkers in colours to resemble the intended recipients.  It's a pink themed wedding so I've incorporated those colours too, including lots of gorgeous products from The Ribbon Girl in beautiful shades of pink, white and cream.

Firstly I've made a shaped card, covered with Magnolia papers, and cut the image using my stitched circle stax die.  I added some Ivory Jute Mesh directly onto the backing paper across the middle, and topped it off with a strip of Eggshell Velvet for even more texture.  I've then created a floral frame with a mix of roses, lilies and crysanths, as well as a little loopy string of pearls a lacy bow and a couple of banner shaped strips of Glitter Organza.

If you look closely you might even spot the charm! ;0)




Secondly I've decorated a shaped MDF wall hanger in a matching style.  Here I've added a couple more bits though, as I had a bit more space.  So there is a heart banner die-cut with the wedding date on it, a few more flowers, a beaded twirl and a pretty ivory beaded pin.




And here they are together so you can see the size of the hanger.




Woohoo, I also get to share this badge for the day :    :0)



Card Recipe:
From the Ribbon Girl (deep breath ...) :
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



12 comments:

Sarah said...

These are SO beautiful Annette and I envy the lucky couple who are going to receive them. Lovely to see you "guesting" at The Ribbon Girl too...couldn't happen to a nicer person!! xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous hanger and card Annette - thank you so much for being our guest today! Mary xx

Christine L said...

These are so beautiful Annette... fabulous shape and colouring on the card and what a wonderful wall hanger too! I'm sure the couple that receives them will treasure!

Hugs
Christine x

Mojca said...

oh my this looks totally stunning, such lovely colouring and embellishments. hugs! Mojca

Wishcraft said...

Such lovely creations Annette, they're beautiful... I'm sure they'll be treasured by the lucky couple receiving them :o) Hugs, Lisa x

thecraftycavalier said...

Just beautiful. Fabulously pretty papers teamed up with beautiful delicate embellishments. Really pretty. Love the hanger. I love this image and you coloured it perfectly. Hugs, Jayne x

Chrissy said...

Stunning Annette...gorgeous sweet image and wonderful colouring.I love the lace and flowers and all the pretty details..they will be thrilled to bits.

luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

They are both beautiful Annette.

Carol S. said...

Love them both Annette. Gorgeous card and love the embellies. Beautifully coloured. Great idea to have a hanger to match, a lovely gift. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects; so soft and romantic both of them. Adorable image as well. Thanks for joining LLC for our hearts challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Eret said...

These projects are gorgeous. Love the soft colors and all the pretty embellishments.Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Vicky said...

Such beautiful projects sweetie, I love the card with the matching hanger they really are gorgeous. Love the LOTV image of course & all of the embellies you have used.
Thank you for joining us over at Live & Love Crafts, hope you will join us for our new challenge.........its a super gorgeous one ;-)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx