Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Review

Wow, 2014 is nearly over and 2015 is just hours away.

This has been a fun year creatively;  I've guest designed for three of my favourite rubber stamp companies, Lili of the Valley, Sugar Nellie and Purple Onion Designs.  


I was also recently so proud to win a runner up spot in the Cardmaker of the Year 2014 competition with CardMaking and Papercraft Magazine (see issue 138).

And as usual I've made some new, and deepened some existing, friendships with some lovely blogging buddies. I think that's what makes this such a special hobby; it converts something which can be quite a solitary pursuit into something far more social, educational and inspiring.

So being 31st December, I am doing my customary annual round up of my favourite projects from the last 12 months.

You'd better brace yourself for a photo heavy post ...


January
It's pink and girlie; just my style, and the little crystal flower was a Christmas 2013 gift from the lovely Christine.  It didn't take me long to crack open the packet and use one! The Sugar Nellie fairy glen images have remained firm favourites, so I was incredibly proud to be asked to guest design for Sugar Nellie later in they summer, as well as joining the Sugar Bowl DT in October.


February
I don't actually own that many Tilda images, so I don't use them very often, but this little girlie was one of my favourite cards. I'd coloured her with DI reinkers which was one of my 2014 New Year Resolutions, and it turned out quite well (I think!).  The papers were really pretty and I'd taken the trouble to stitch the layers too.


March
I really enjoy making these clocks, and this one featured another Fairy Glen image from Sugar Nellie. Like February's project, it's another purple project (I'm sensing a trend here!)  I must try harder to use other colours!


April
OK, so I'm off the purple, but back on the pink!   This one again is water coloured with DI reinkers and I really like the effect.  The image and gorgeous papers are both LOTV;  I probably could have chosen 12 months' worth of favourite LOTV cards to be honest!


May
Another pink LOTV card, and this time featuring a couple of their newer characters.  Patch and his bunny companion became firm favourites to colour with my DI reinkers and I may possibly have bought them in several poses!  This card also featured one of my favourite dies; the Nottingham Border from Memory Box.


June
Lee Holland digis was a new artist I came across this year, and this little giraffe really caught my eye.  More LOTV papers and some spotty ribbon, but otherwise I seem to have lost my fussy style and be on a CAS drive.  I must have been feeling unwell to leave my beloved embellishments behind.


July
This was one of my GDT cards for LOTV.  It was an image that, once I'd stamped it, I really wondered what I was going to do with it.  I coloured it up once in quite traditional colours (the watering can was green) and I really wasn't keen.  So I decided to try my favourite blue and pink combos and lo and behold, this actually turned out to be one of my favourite cards of the year.  It's funny how things can turn out unexpectedly like that.


August
I just had to include this card.  It was one which won me a runner up prize in the Cardmaker of the Year competition with Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine.  It included lots of my favourite components; the pinky-purple colour combo, pretty papers, stitched layers, and I'd really tried hard with my shading.



September
This card features the same image as January's card, but I like it so much that it's getting a second outing this month.  These Maya Design papers have also made quite a few outings in my top picks, and I really do love them.


October
This card was made for a colleague who makes the most amazing cakes.  It was such fun to make, and really easy too. I loved how the image matched the apron / cooking theme, and the decoration (and fruity maya papers!) was really fun to create.




November
Considering I make my Christmas projects throughout the year, it's actually taken me until November to pick something festive, which I'm really surprised about!  These crackers were made from a template that I created myself and making them is really satisfying.  (I may have overfaced myself when I decided to make 17 for my work-colleagues - that's the joy of working in an open plan office!).  This one featured another Sugar Nellie fairy and some LOTV papers.


December
And finally ... I'm back on the LOTV and Maya Design paeprs, with one of my favourite Christmas cards of the year.  I love this cute penguin (I have a bit of a soft spot for penguins) and I'm back on the pinks again.  

Looking back on the year above, all I can see (except for a blip in June) is pinks and purples.  I really must try to use other colours more.  Well actually I probably do, but this just reinforces my style as cute and girlie.  I'd like to make my New Year's Resolution to improve my male card style, but it's just not 'me' and I don't think the guys treasure the time and thought that goes into these creations that the ladies seem to do.  So that's my justification for keeping it girlie.


Well that's all folks.

If you've stayed for the full post  ... I'm impressed! :0)

Thank you to all my lovely followers and everyone who has left me a comment this year.

I hope you've liked what you've seen, and hope you continue to pop back next year.

Happy new year to you all, and I hope that 2015 brings you fun times (and lots of crafting time too!)

Happy crafting
Annette
xx

15 comments:

Nela said...

Beautiful cards, Annette!
Love all!
Hugs Nela

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A really beautiful selection from throughout the year Annette. Love your style of cards.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Lorraine

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Love them all Annette and I've really enjoyed your gorgeous creations this year.. Thanks for all your kind visits to my blog too - shall we do it all again next year?
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Helen xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

All beautiful! You made some lovely choices! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Deborah said...

Love all your choices, but think all your creations are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2015. Wishing you a happy New Year.
Deborah A

Chrissy said...

A stunning selection Annette..wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year 2015..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

What a wonderful year of fabulous creations Annette and some brilliant achievements too. Wishing you a Happy New Year xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Annette.
Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2015.
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Firstly, love the new picture of you!! Hair style is much softer. (that's the haidresser in me talking!!) Loving the whole selection of your cards. They are all stunning and love the CAS style. Have a lovely evening and a Happy New Year. Looking forward to your 2015 creations. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous cards Annette! I love the pink and purple girly style. That seems to be my preference as well. Thanks for sharing your favorites. Check mine out on my blog. I had a hard time coming up with favorites. I ended up with 20. Happy New Year! LOL! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Christy Beans said...

If my 2015 is 10% as crafty and beautiful as your 2014, I will consider it a roaring success. LOL. Thanks for the gorgeous girlie inspiration! Sending wishes for the craftiest and best year yet... Happy New Year!

Christine L said...

So lovely to look through some of these cards again Annette... I, of course, LOVE your use of PINK!!

Happy New Year to you and yours..
Big hugs
Christine x

Kat W said...

These are all so beautiful and so very definitely your style, both the CAS ones and the more fancy ones are just lovely :-) And of course, the pinks and purples and girly style are certainly a big hit with me!

Huge congrats on all your achievements this year, and I wish you the most wonderful 2015 and look forward to many more fabulous creations :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Dorte said...

Great choice of your cards Annette...wishing you a very happy and creative 2015!
Hugs Dorte

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love these, every one Annette, and lots more besides hunny! Gorgeous cards! Awesome news about the runner up for crafter of the year, that is AWESOME! Totally green about your Sugar Nellie DT post too, you know how much I love their stamps. Love all the cards you've done with their images. So glad you could link up to my little New Year 'Top 12 of 2014' challenge. Happy New Year my lovely blog buddy! Hugs, Wends xxxx