It's been really hot and humid here, and I've not really felt doing much at all. I've been feeling a bit 'meh' (must be in need of a holiday!!) but I decided to use one of my new images to try to perk myself up a bit.
And whoa, talk about clean and simple - I hope you're sitting down for this one :0)
Plus, I only added the pearls in order to qualify to enter the Bunny Zoe challenge!!!
Ok, so you might wonder what the 'accident' was from the post title? Well, I'd finished colouring the image, and I don't know what happened, perhaps something in the paper, but on the girlie with the pink dress, 2 black flecks appeared near her hem. I have no idea where they came from. One minute they weren't there, the next they were all my eye was drawn to. :0( I was so annoyed as I'd literally just finished, so I tried to cover them up with a white pen, which looked worse!
In the end, I had die cut a Nottingham Border in white for another card, and the little 'negative' bits that come out of the flowers were waiting to be popped out. So I poked them out and created a dinky little flower on her dress using them, and dropped a pearl pen dot in the middle. Yeah, sure it's not meant to be there, but I thought it didn't look too bad, and saved me either paper-piecing her dress, or worse, starting again.
So, my first Uptown Girl card. Boy these images are huge!!!
- Image and Sentiment - Stamping Bella Uptown Girl Victoria and Juliette's Night Out
- Colouring - Promakers (blues & aquas), Copics (pinks & skin),
- Annoying black fleck appearing from nowhere
- Memory Box Nottingham Border die (negatives) to hide the above!
- Cardworks Card base
- Neenah Classic Crest White Stamping Card
- Momento Stamp Pad Ink
- Viva Pearl Pen - Ice White
- Wink of Stella
- Bunny Zoe Challenge - Bingo (diagonal : Stitching, Pearls, Sentiment)
- I Love Promarkers - Girls Girls Girls