I received an email on Wednesday from a lovely lady who's previously bought a few of my cards on ebay.
Her clever daughter had just passed her driving test earlier this week and she wondered if I'd make a personalised 'congrats' card.
Well, as if I need any excuse to make a card! :0)
So of course I jumped at the chance (I especially love the personalised ones).
She specifically requested there be a yellow VW Beetle on the card, and she pointed me in the direction of an image that she'd seen at Little Claire. I've not used any Little Claire images before, but as soon as I saw it, I loved the style, and knew I'd be happy to work with it.
And so off I went to play.
I had a little problem with the image when it arrived, but Steve at Little Claire emailed me within an hour or so, and it was all sorted without any pain what-so-ever (thanks Steve - fantastic customer service!). As expected, the image was lovely to work with.
An hour later, I received another email from the proud mum, asking if I could also make a 'thank you' card for the driving instructor, using the same image. I didn't need asking twice, so off I went again!!!
Here's what I made. I hope she likes them when she gets them!!!
I tried to make the instructor's 'thank you' card a bit more masculine with a blue colour scheme and less 'fuss'. I flipped the image around to make it look different, and missed off the flowers to make it a bit less girlie.
- Image - Little Claire Beetle Car
- Typed Sentiments
- Papers - LOTV Petal Fresh (blues) and Nitwits Just Hatched (yellows)
- Colouring - Promarkers, Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens
- Clouds - Dovecraft Shimmer chalks
- Cardworks Card base
- Neenah Classic Crest White Stamping Card
- Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
- Crystal Glamour Dust
- Spotty Button
- Sewing Machine
- Simon's Monday Challenge - Not so Mellow Yellow
- Deep Ocean - Stitching
- Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
- Delightful Challenges - Add Dimension