Wednesday 19 March 2014

Festive Robins

I'm not actually sure if I've used this stamp before.  I've had it for months (I think I got it last Easter), and had my eye on it for a while before then.  But, like most of the stamps I buy, it went on the pile of 'to be used' before more were popped on top, and it moved down the pile out of sight.

But I saw it there in my catalogue and decided it would be perfect for today's theme of "Friends and Family" at ABC Christmas Challenge.  It's a versatile image that I decided was ideal for a couple, because it's not too feminine, and is quite traditional rather than cute.

I've kept the embellishments fairly light too, just a spot of lace, and a button tied with some red twine.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



16 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely card Annette, perfect olde worlde papers and colours that compliment your stamp perfectly. xx

Christine L said...

Well I'm glad you came across it again Annette because it's a lovely stamp, and you've made a perfect card with it!

Hugs
Christine x

Jane Savage said...

Fantastic papers and a gorgeous image, Annette. Love the layout too! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Annette, love the little touch of liquid pearls too! hugs me x

Diane said...

Absolutely delightful Annette.

Hugs Diane

Dorte said...

Sweet image you have used for today's card, super design,
hugs Dorte

Judith said...

So pretty Annette - that stamp is lovely, I have those papers.... somewhere! - there seems to be a lot of Christmas crafting going on this year - if you're anything like me I learned last year that a box full of birthday cards doesn't make a Christmas lol hugs Judith x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely image and the papers look perfect with it... fab card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol S. said...

Hi Annette, I love this stamp and I even have the background paper too! Great card and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Helen said...

Great card, Annette - that's a really sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous image Annette..just beautiful. Fabulous colouring and love the simple layout..

luv CHRISSYxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Totally sweet and your coloring is superb!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card, Annette! I love this image...in fact I used it for the first time for my very first card on the Crafty Little Fairies DT.

Your simple design looks fab.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

made-by-Kate said...

Your card is so adorable. I love the little details and the colors.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kate
http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

Sharon said...

I love this card Annette. How pretty is that image. hugs Sharon x

Erica said...

Such a pretty card, Annette. Very simple and very effective.

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Crafty BINGO' challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x