Monday 6 January 2014

Geekin' It (and a January Sale)

Today's card is another one made with someone special in mind, although to be honest it's probably more my style than hers, and I'm not entirely sure she likes pink as much as I do.  Whoops!

The theme is a bit book-worm-ish, although they're meant to relate to the recipient's job (she's an accountant) rather than paperbacks.  I was trying really hard to get the colouring right, and was doing ok until I got to her boots, where I seem to have changed the light source from the front, to then coming from both the left and right at the same time.  Shhh, don't tell anyone and I'm sure they won't notice!

The stamp was a gift from my lovely friend Samantha, but I know she won't like that I've tarnished it with all this pink!  ;0)  Thank you Samantha, she's lovely.

Also don't forget there's still a massive SALE at the Stamp Basket.  Lots of new discounts have been applied yesterday, so pop over there to stock up while the prices are slashed.  It'll keep your craft stash topped up so you can keep busy in the dark and dingy months!  :0)





Card Recipe, featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and such an adorable image too.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

Wow! She is a Stunner! And I've been looking at her boots ... don't see any issue hun. Gorrrrgeous. Hugs xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and image.
Hugs x

Sarah said...

What a really pretty card Annette, love the green and pink xx

Sarah said...

PS I am not going to the Stamp Basket again (this week!!), trip to Dorchester on Wednesday and I think Kitty from MMCS has a stall at Dorch Market...woo hoo!! xx

Christine L said...

Super gorgeous hon.... love this SC image... and you've coloured it perfectly (you shouldn't have mentioned the light source... not one person would have noticed!) And oooohhh that gorgeous pink heart paper is there again..... mmmmmmm!!

Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Annette..fabulous colouring..such a beautiful card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lou Sims said...

Fab card and love all the layers. Your colouring is stunning.

Mojca said...

Wow she's lovely! And the colours are so pretty, embellishments just gorgeous. hugs! MOjca

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card Annette. Love the omage and coloured beautifully as always. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kat W said...

Your colouring is awesome and I sometimes have that trouble with wandering light sources but it's ok, I wouldn't have spotted it if you didn't say!
I certainly appreciate the pink and the pretty details too :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Larissa said...

Such a fabulous card! I absoutely love how you coloured the image and I think she is PERFECT!

-xxx-
Larissa

Wishcraft said...

Fab image and colours, t'is gorgeous hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and I hope you will continue to play along with our challenges! xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Annette so beautifully coloured too! hugs me x

Barbara GR said...

Gorgeous card with stunning image!! I love it!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs, Barbara GR

Bettina L. said...

This is so gorgeous Annette. Love how you've coloured her up and the details with the flowers as well. Hugs Bettina xx