The flowers were a Christmas pressie from my lovely TTT and ABC Xmas teamie Samantha (thank you honey, I think they are perfect for this card).
The pearls in the corner were originally white, but I coloured them with one of my copics (G24) so that they matched my card. I also coloured the pearl in the middle of my brad which holds on my bow.
As it was one of my new year's resolutions, I've also taken the time to do some stitching on my card (and then regretted it as I manoeuvred around the first part of the fancy shaped card base!!! LOL). But overall, I'm really pleased with the finished card. Hope you like her too.
See my cards available to buy on eBay
Well it's been a while since I created any new sentiments, (see all my previous freebies here). To be honest, I've been very lazy recently and just typed most of my sentiments recently, although I have made a couple of personalised ones for some special recipients, but I can't give those away since they're only suitable if you're making a card for a person with the same name !!! LOL
Anyhoo, I'm going to try to make a few new sentiments, and I'm looking for new ideas.
And that's where I need your help....
Perhaps you can think of a seasonal, topical, or just plain sweet sentiment that you'd like to see in print. But what I'd like is something that I can share with everyone, so not too restrictive.
So, if you have any great ideas, leave them in a comment on this post, and if it grabs my interest, then I'll make it, and share it on my blog for you (and everyone else who's interested) to grab.
I'll be honest and admit that the circle shaped sentiments are my favourite, and I can get about 3 to 4 words (top arc, middle banner, bottom arc) on those, so get your thinking caps on.
If you think your sentiment would be suitable on a different shape, then you can add that suggestion too, but I'm more likely to pick something that will be useful to lots of my readers, so things that can be easily cut out, even if they don't have matching die shapes.
So, what do you need to do? ...
- Leave your suggestions as comments on this post,
- Ensure you're a follower of my blog,
- Spread the word on your own blog if you have one (using the badge below and a link back to this post on your sidebar), and
- Don't forget to check back at the end of the month to see if your idea has been picked.
I'm also not going to restrict the 'winners' list, and I will choose as many suggestions that tickle my fancy!
Have fun getting sentimental with me!!!
I look forward to seeing your ideas.
Card Recipe :
All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:
- Image - Saturated Canary Cherry Blossom
- Sentiment - Typed (font "Handwritingfont")
- Cardworks Shaped Card base
- Prima Meadowlark papers
- Memory Box Lorelai Leaf die
- Berisfords Sheer White Ribbon
- Glossy Accents
- 5mm, 4mm & 3mm Snow White pearls
- Hobby House 8mm Pearl Brad
- From my stash - glittered flowers with pearl bead centres, liquid pearls in lime green, purple ribbon