Saturday 19 January 2013

Amy (& a sale on Saturated Canary stamps)

Today I'm using Whimsy's Amy from The Stamp Basket.  I've opted for a beautiful purple colour scheme for this card, and really tried harder with my colouring of the image.  I've coloured her first with copics, and then done some highlighting and shading with my pencils.  I worked for ages on her hair with both the copics and pencils, and it went from looking worse than my usual attempts can manage, to being what I now consider to be adequate.  I think I need to revisit the hair colouring department!! LOL.

I added some tufts of grass at her feet using a flicking motion with really sharp pencils in a few different shades of green.

I've also included two lovely dies, both coloured in some way; the picket fence was cut in white card, and then coloured with copics and pencils, and the honeyblossom sprig was cut in purple card and I used a dark purple copic to give the flower centres some depth before adding a huge pearl centre.

I've stitched around the image and DP panels, added a beautiful bow in the gorgeous sparkly sheer white ribbon, a few pearls and some flowers, and voilà!


While I've got your attention I wanted to give you the heads-up that there's a sale on the BRAND NEW Saturated Canary stamps that have only just been released.  Pop over to The Stamp Basket for some great discounts on them.

See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:
Pop over to The Stamp Basket to see the lovely array of products on offer.



I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.  

18 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Annette....what a beautiful make. I love the main image and the way in which you have pieced this all together. TFS

Hugs

Annie x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,gorgeous image and fab colour.xxx

Chrissy said...

This is so gorgeous Annette, fabulous colouring and love the beautiful papers and card shape..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mojca said...

Waw I love your cute card Annette. Have a lovely weekend. hugs! MOjca

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Your card is lovely Annette - I think you have coloured her beautifully, with some great shading and I love her hair. Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Teresa x

An Occasional Genius said...

I think she's stunning Annette! Your colouring & shading looks wonderful. Have a great weekend xx

Rene said...

This is stunning!!! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! I hope to see you back soon! Good luck,
Rene :D

Wishcraft said...

Your colouring looks fab hun, I love her hair. Gorgeous papers and details too :) Hugs, Lisa x

Lynne said...

Beautiful card, lovely colouring and shading. Have a good weekend. Hugs Lynne xx

Danni said...

So sweet! What a beautiful card!

Crafting Diva said...

Wonderful card love the image and papers thanks for joining in with the challenge this time good luck hugs from Lisa

Larissa said...

Fabulous card Annette! Your colouring is really stunning on this one. The combination of copics with pencils is perfect! I also love hoy coloured the picket fence die, I thought it was cut out of real wood. :)

-xxx-

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Annette your colouring is awesome! and you totally DON'T need to revisit the hair colouring! you have got that nailed! hugs me xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is fabulous loving the colours, thanks for joining us at WOC this time hugs Pops x x x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Netty! What a beautifully detailed card! Love the shape, and the way the two designer papers perfectly line up with the shape. The panels look great, too. Such a pretty purple theme, and an adorably colored little girl bringing gifts! Wonderful card. Thanks for the inspiration today! hugs, de

Michele Roos said...

Good Morning sweetie. This is just gorgeous and love the colours. Hugs Michele xxx

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts ♥

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Annette. Love this stamp and it looks fab with the lil' fence. Gorgeous memory box die too. Hugs, Wends xxx