Friday 23 November 2012

Jake Winter Circle Step Cards

There is a new release and freebie today at StampFairy and my FAVOURITE bear is back!!!

Jake the bear is just so cute, I adore his innocent expression. He seems to be just begging for a cuddle.  I'm so delighted that Gerda has decided to let him out to play again this winter that I've made not just one, but two matching cards using the newly released images.

I think I'm right in saying this is my first attempt at a Circle Step card, and it did take a fair bit of practising to get the folds right with the size of circle that I used. After ruining my first try, I used that as a template for the others.  There are a couple of tutorials around, but I used the one here.

And once I'd got the card base shape fold right, they were exceptionally quick to make.

My first card is Jake carrying a large snowball.  I hope he's intending to start a snowman with that snowball rather than throw it at someone, cos that one's gonna sting ...






And my second card is Jake with his Christmas tree....






See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay



Card Recipe:
  • Image - Jake Wintertime from Stamp Fairy
  • Colouring - Promarkers, Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens
  • Nesties - Grand Nesties Labels 1 (card base)
  • Tree dies - Magnolia and Marianne Creatables
  • Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Snowflakes
  • Pearls - The Stamp Basket
  • Crystal Glamour Dust - The Stamp Basket
  • Liquid Pearls - The Stamp Basket
  • From my stash -  Stickles, Strand glitter, Glossy accents
Please pop on over to StampFairy to see the newly released digi images.


Here's a preview of the set being released today:





    I've been inspired by:
    Happy Crafting

    14 comments:

    Antonella said...

    What a sweet guy Jake is (lol)... love your step cards... I love the way you turned your scallop circle into a step card! Your coloring is great, love the trees!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    Chrissy said...

    Two very cute cards Annette, love the design and Jake with his lovely big soft nose is just gorgeous.Fabulous colouring and love the trees.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Sashika Taylor said...

    You're right, he really is cute! Fab cards and thanks for the link to the tutorials x

    Mojca said...

    Oh he is a relay cutie and I love the shape of your card. Perfect. hugs! Mojca

    Wishcraft said...

    Aww he's very cute :o) Gorgeous cards hun, what a fab design! :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    KayBeScraps said...

    Hello Annette,
    your card is fabolous.. ♥

    Hugs, Katrin

    Anne-Marie said...

    Wow, how cute are these? Love all the glitter and such a pretty effect. :)

    xxxtglxxx said...

    Ooh, me likey the shape of this! :) Really clever Netty :)

    Lovely sparkle and shiney nose, and the trees are fab. :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    Lorraine A said...

    Gorgeous cards Annettte :-) such cute bears and the whole scene you created is beautiful,, a lovely winter wonderland :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    Anonymous said...

    Te heheheee GREAT shape and beautifully coloured hunny xx

    Bettina L. said...

    This is absolutely stunning Annette. Love the sparkle, white christmas trees and shape. Hugs Bettina xx

    Anonymous said...

    I think we need a tutorial for this on TTT next year! xx

    shaz earl said...

    Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    Dazie said...

    Beautiful and very different!

    Thanks for joining the sparkles girls this month over at sparkles monthly challenges with our Christmas Is Coming Challenge, good luck in the draw!
    Dazie
    x