Once I'd worn myself out in the garden, I came in to rest at my craft desk. I wanted to enter a challenge which required some text on the papers, and couldn't find the papers that I wanted, (I've had a tidy up and now can't find them even though I can picture them in my head exactly!).
Anyway, I decided to make a male themed card (not my favourite theme, since I'm worse than hopeless at male cards), but dusted off a Penny Black image that seemed to fit the bill. Penny Black is what got me interested in stamping all those years ago, and this little hedgy really does bring back some memories. I went to town with the colouring, using 4 different colouring mediums; Twinkling H2O Watercolours, Copics, Shimmer chalks and Sakura stardust gel pens.
The multitude of colouring tools made up for not having any flowers, glitter, or ribbon. Ok, I did sneak a couple of bows in there on the twine, but that is still masculine, right?
The sentiment is a new one, and is a freebie available below if you'd like to nab it.
See my cards available to buy on my eBay listings
- Image - Hedge Delivery by Penny Black
- Sentiment - One of my own Freebies (see below)
- Papers - Summertime Designs
- Nesties - Lacey Circles
- Colouring - Twinkling H2O watercolours, Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens, Dovecraft Shimmer chalks
- From my stash - Buttons, Twine
As promised above, here is my Sentiment freebie that I've used above. You're free to download it if you like it; click on the image for a larger version, then right click and 'save picture as' to save to your own computer.
- Please become a follower, then you will see more freebies as they are posted,
- Please leave a comment on this post to let me know you've downloaded it, and
- Please don't share my freebies directly with other people, but please send them over to collect it themselves by giving credit where you use it.
I've been inspired by: