The theme this week is Mother's Day. For all my UK blogging pals, I know we celebrated Mother's day back in March, but it is celebrated on 13 May over in the US, so we get to create some girlie cards again. Since I think you can never have too much pink, I'm happy to play along. However, I cheated a little, because I made my sentiment say 'Special Mother' so it could be used for a birthday card for a mum too!!
The sentiment is a new freebie (see below).
I saw this pink and brown colour scheme used a few days ago and decided to give it a go 'cos I thought it looked gorgeous. The thin brown ribbon is actually cut out of a brown jumper (you know those annoying little ribbons they put inside the shoulders to supposedly help to hang it neatly on a hanger in the wardrobe, but all they end up doing is poking out from the neckline when you're wearing the top!!). Well, I can't stand them when they do that, so out come the scissors, and voilà !
This card is available to buy on my eBay listings
- Image - New Hat from Lili of the Valley
- Sentiment - One of my own Freebies (see below)
- Papers - First Edition Sweet Owl
- Colouring - Promarkers, Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens
- Nesties - Lacey circles, Labels 3, Grand Nesties Labels 1 (card base)
- Dies - Magnolia Leaf & Swirl
- Cherry Blossom, 10mm & 15mm roses - Wild Orchid Crafts
- From my stash - Pearl strands, pearls, lace, ribbon, glossy accents
As promised above, here is my Sentiment freebie that I've used above. You're free to download it if you like it; click on the image for a larger version, then right click and 'save picture as' to save to your own computer.
- Please become a follower, then you will see more freebies as they are posted,
- Please leave a comment on this post to let me know you've downloaded it, and
- Please don't share my freebies directly with other people, but please send them over to collect it themselves.