Saturday 19 May 2012

Close your eyes

I really love this image and have used it a couple of times now. It's just so sweet.  I'm really loving this shaped card at the moment.  I bought some larger card blanks, and I can use a larger nestie to cut my fancy base shapes which means that I can even more space to fit embellies onto my cards!!!  I used inks to give the image panel and the backing papers a distressed look around their edges. It seems to make the panels stand out more too, and I'm really liking this look at the moment.

Sorry that the picture is a bit dark today. I managed to break my lovely crafting lamp (the one which has my expensive 'daylight bulb' in it).  It fell off my craft desk onto my head when I was bending down to pick up the waste bin while I was hoovering the carpet. Both the bulb and the lamp broke, glass going everywhere.  Luckily of course I had the hoover out already to clear up the mess, but I have a rather painful bump on my head.  Ouch!!!  Plus, I now need a new bulb, and a new lamp to go with it.  D'oh!!!




See some of my cards available to buy on my eBay listings
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy Crafting

12 comments:

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

This card is -again- so beautiful! great job!
hugs,
mickymunchkin

Debbie said...

A Stunning card Annette, love the shape of that nestie. I agree with you about the (in my case Vagabond!) What did we ever do without a die cutting machine!! Ha.
Debbiexx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Annette, love the image and papers, gorgeous colouring, love the sky..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mojca said...

What a beauty! Sorry to hear for your lamp (and your bump on your heda);) Hope you get a new one soon. Hugs! Mojca

Candy C said...

Netty...your card is so pretty! I love the little couple and how you colored them! The little flowers really add a sweet dimension to your already beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Anne-Marie said...

Your cards are always so beautifully coloured up, and you certainly have any eye for gorgeous colour combos.....this one is no exception...adorable!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card, love the adorable image which you have coloured wonderfully. Love the background and your card is beautifully put together. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card. Love that image and you've created another beautiful card with it. Love the papers. Hugs, Wends x

Jewelsmae said...

Oh this is so cute, love the colours, the papers, the shape, just everything about it really!
Julie x

NancyD said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, poor you!.. I am sure you are more annoyed at losing the lamp than gaining a bump on the bonce too! :)

This is a beautiful soft card and gorgeous colouring, its wonderful.

hugs

xxalisonxx

mixamatoasties said...

That's beautiful. Love everything about it :)

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

Susan x