Saturday 31 December 2011

Favourites from 2011

Well, what a year 2011 has been.

It has been my first "full" year of blogging, and my first experience of working on design teams.  I have learned so much, tried different techniques, attempted to take better pictures and use photo-editing software to add proper watermarks and remove distracting backgrounds.

I have made some lovely friends along the way too, something that has enriched my life.  On top of that, I'm also especially grateful for the opportunities given to me by the co-ordinators of the lovely teams I've worked with, especially:
Plus I was honoured to be asked to guest design for Papertake, Gingerloft and Creative Craft in 2011.  Thank you all for the opportunities.

To round off the year, I've followed the trend that I've seen on a few blogs I visit regularly, and I've picked some of my favourite creations fo 2011; one(ish) from each month.  I had such a hard time choosing just one from some months.  I can also see that my creations have grown more adventurous since the early days!

I hope you like my highlights of 2011.  If you want to see more detail of any of the projects I've chosen below, just click on the image to be shown the original posting, which will include details of the image and crafty stash used.  Prepare yourself for a serious overdose of pink, oh dear, I really do need to try new colours occasionally methinks !!!

Happy New Year !!!


January
Penny Black images were the reason I started stamping!

February
Then I found LOTV and I was hooked !


March
This Dustin Pike image was fab for a baby card (yup, more pink)

April
Oh dear, more pink and an addiction to LOTV cuties

May
Then I started an addiction to Stampfairy digi stamps!!

June
I started to try something new techniques, like stamping on fabric

July
Then I ventured into making shaped cards.  This shaped
Stampfairy card ended up being one of my favourites of the year

August
More experimentation with shaped cards,
and practised photo editing to remove backgrounds

September
Experimenting with transferring images onto fabric

Whoops, a second project seems to have sneaked in for Sept.
How did that happen?
I just couldn't resist this Toby bear with all the texture!!

October
I loved this box so much; the image, the shape of the box,
and my first attempts at colouring with pencils and sansodor.
Whoops it's happened again, another one's slipped into Oct (sorry!)
I couldn't resist this lovely image and was rather proud it wasn't pink.

November
Loved the combination of images, glitter and layers of trees & snow
(you can't see the layers very well in the pic though!)

December
The calendar project for Stampfairy was so enjoyable. This is my fave page.



Hope to see you all in 2012 !!!

8 comments:

tiffany said...

such a great year in review Annette, love how you chose one from each month! Glad to have been on the 2 Sisters team with you this year! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

They've all been fantastic and you've made some brilliant freebes for us to use and enjoy, thank you.

Christine L said...

Fab cards, one and all Annette! May I wish you and yours a happy and healthy 2012!
Hugs
Christine x

martina's kaartjes said...

must have been a fantastic year ! lovely to read you've had a fab time !
wish you lots of hapiness, health and creativity in 2012
greetings, martina
x

xxxtglxxx said...

I always think its wonderful to look back at how your card making has changed over a year! Its amazing to see different styles, trends and confidence growing.

This was my first year on DT's too, and it really makes you challenge yourself, often tackling things for the first time under real pressure! lol :D

You have picked some wonderful cards, but you have made so very many more too. Thats whats wonderful about a blog - its like a diary, and its all still there for permanent inspiration. :)

Wishing you a Happy New Year my friend!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

I will be here, Love your work. Thank you for sharing!!

An Occasional Genius said...

All such wonderful cards Annette, I'm so pleased i found your lovely blog & fabulous sentiments. had some ideas over Christmas & jotted them down, when I find where I put them I'll let you know. Wishing you a very Happy New Year hon xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful collection!

Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com