Saturday 1 January 2011

Thinking of You

Wooo Hooo !!!
Happy New Year !!!

Not only is this my first post of the new year, but it is also my first card as a member of the design team for 2 Sisters Challenge Blog so it is a double celebration !

The theme for 2 Sisters this week is 'Thinking of you'.  This pretty little Flower Fairy is from the Lil Diva's range of digi images, and the mauve floral and blue fairydust backing papers are both from Panda Bear's Garden Fairies 8x8 paper pack, both from Stitchy Bear Stamps.  I've coloured her using watercolour pencils and shimmer chalks with a sprinkling of fairy dust (glitter!)

I've used the following embelishments from my stash:
•Lilac pearlescent paper (to matt the fairydust papers and as a plain background for the image),
•Blue liquid pearls
•Silver peel-off coloured with blue perm marker
•Blue chiffon ribbon
•Pink mini gems on the dress
•Pink paper flower



I've really enjoyed my first project for the design team. 
Please leave me a comment to show you've been here.

This card also fits the following challenges:
Happy Crafting

9 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card and beautiful image. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends. Happy New Year!

brenda said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year Netty and thanks for your support in 2010.

B x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on making the team! Your fairy is just stunning! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh your fairy is so sweet and I love your coloring and the colors you used! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Christina said...

That's a wonderful card Netty! I wanted to wish you a happy newyear!
Hugs Kristel

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and cute image!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Netty.
luv
Debby

Karina said...

You made a gorgeous card with a lovely color combination and a sweet image. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes last week.
Karina

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that image!! So pretty and so sparkly!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS